Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri October 19, 2012
Air Canada Passengers Spot Missing Yacht
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 1:03 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. There are only so many movies you can watch on a 15-hour flight from Canada to Australia. So how about a real life game of "I Spy"? At the request of air traffic control, an Air Canada jumbo jet dropped down low over the ocean, and the captain instructed passengers to look out their windows in search of a yacht gone adrift. And they spotted it. Sixteen hours lost at sea, the sailor was rescued, and the flight was only 40 minutes late. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.