Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
North Country News
Wed April 18, 2012
Air Force Considers Basing F-35's at VT Air Guard
The United States Air Force will hold a public hearing next month on a plan to add F-35A fighter jets to the Vermont Air National Guard base in South Burlington. WAMC's Tristan O’Neill reports…
The public has 45 days to comment on the draft environmental impact statement that was released on Friday.
The Air Force is looking at several different scenarios for where the jets would be based. Burlington is one of two preferred locations.
A Guard official says the jets take a minute and half to take off and a minute and a half to land twice a day as they head to and return from training elsewhere.
A public hearing will be held on May 14 at the South Burlington High School.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.