Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Wed April 18, 2012
Air Force Considers Basing F-35's at VT Air Guard
The United States Air Force will hold a public hearing next month on a plan to add F-35A fighter jets to the Vermont Air National Guard base in South Burlington. WAMC's Tristan O’Neill reports…
The public has 45 days to comment on the draft environmental impact statement that was released on Friday.
The Air Force is looking at several different scenarios for where the jets would be based. Burlington is one of two preferred locations.
A Guard official says the jets take a minute and half to take off and a minute and a half to land twice a day as they head to and return from training elsewhere.
A public hearing will be held on May 14 at the South Burlington High School.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.