Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Tue November 6, 2012
Airline Eyes Florida Service to New England Cities
A new airline is looking to create nonstop service from several New England airports to Florida after receiving certification from the Federal Aviation Administration.
Based in Portland, Maine, Elite Airways hopes to establish nonstop regional jet service between Portland International Jetport and Melbourne International Airport in Florida.
Bryan Glazer, a company spokesman, says the airline is also looking at service to Portsmouth, N.H., Worcester, Mass., and possibly upstate New York cities, includin
g Niagara Falls and Plattsburgh.
Glazer said the goal is to link those cities with nonstop service to Melbourne, which he described as an alternative to busier airports in Orlando and Palm Beach. He says the service would start with 50-seat regional jets, and use bigger aircraft if there's demand.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.