Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC Speakers Corner
Fri April 24, 2009
Alan Chartock ...In Conversation with Earl Scruggs and Roseanne Cash
Albany, NY – In this archive edition of "WAMC's In Conversation With..." Alan first speaks with bluegrass banjo legend Earl Scruggs, and, in the second half hour, with country music star Rosanne Cash.
Scruggs is a leading proponent of the 3-finger style of banjo playing that has become a defining characteristic of bluegrass music. Scruggs became famous as banjo player in Bill Monroe's "Blue Grass Boys".
The daughter of country music legend Johnny Cash, Rosanne Cash has been a major player on the C&W music scene since the late 1970's. A Grammy Award winner, cash has blurred the lines that separate country, folk, rock and blues.