Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC Speakers Corner
Fri June 12, 2009
Alan Chartock ... In Conversation with Julianne Boyd
Albany, NY – Julianne Boyd founded the Barrington Stage Company in January, 1995. She has directed many productions at BSC, including last season's critically acclaimed West Side Story and the 2005 production of Follies, the world premiere musical The Game, based on Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Mack and Mabel, A Little Night Music, South Pacific, Cyrano de Bergerac and The Importance of Being Earnest.
Ms. Boyd conceived and directed the Broadway musical Eubie!, a show based on the music of Eubie Blake which starred Gregory Hines and garnered three Tony nominations. She has also worked extensively in New York and in regional theatres.
Ms. Boyd holds a doctorate in Theatre History from C.U.N.Y. Graduate Center, where her major area of concentration was Classical Japanese Theatre. From 1992 to 1998 Ms. Boyd served as President of the Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers, the national union representing professional directors and choreographers in the U.S.