Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Possible Modified Transmission Line Proposals Draw Cautious Praise
WAMC Speakers Corner
Fri May 15, 2009
Alan Chartock...In Conversation with David L. Bell
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock in conversation with the Honorable David L. Bell, Chief Judge Orleans Parish Juvenile Court.
Judge Bell oversaw the reform of the Orleans Parish Juvenile Court after its staffing and infrastructure were gutted in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. He describes the juvenile justice system in New Orleans and provides fascinating insight into how officials there were able to rebuild a broken system.
The interview is part of a symposium hosted by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice to explore cost-effective ways in which New York's juvenile justice system can be reformed. The interview was recorded Thursday May 7, 2009 at the Legislative Office Building in Albany, New York.