Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC Speakers Corner
Fri September 21, 2012
Alan Chartock...In Conversation with Mary Jo Gibson, John Madigan and Michelle Hunt
Alan is joined by John Madigan, Senior Director of Public Policy with the Suicide Prevention Action Network USA, a division of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention; Michelle Hunt, chair of the public policy committee of the Capital Region Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention; and Mary Jo Gibson, wife of New York Congressman Chris Gibson, who is one of four Congressional spouses from across the country co-chairing a series of symposia and other events to raise awareness about suicide. Gibson is a licensed clinical social worker and is a crisis intervention teacher.