Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri March 14, 2003
Albany Common Council On Patriot Act
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The USA-Patriot Act, signed into law six weeks after the attacks of 9/11/01 gives law enforcement greater powers of investigation and search. The Albany Common Council may consider a resolution asking police to respect civil rights when pursuing cases under the Patriot Act. WAMC's Brian Shields has more.