Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri March 14, 2003
Albany Common Council On Patriot Act
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The USA-Patriot Act, signed into law six weeks after the attacks of 9/11/01 gives law enforcement greater powers of investigation and search. The Albany Common Council may consider a resolution asking police to respect civil rights when pursuing cases under the Patriot Act. WAMC's Brian Shields has more.