Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Capital Region News
Wed September 11, 2013
Albany County Receives Homeland Security Grant
Albany County Executive Dan McCoy has announced that the county has received over $597,000 in grant funding - awarded by the New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services as part of the 2013 State Homeland Security Grant Program. The grant money will be directed to law enforcement terrorism prevention activities conducted by the Albany County Sheriff’s Office and county Department of Health.
Officials say the Health Department funding will enable the county to further enhance public health preparedness, training, citizen recruitment, and emergency medical response capabilities.