Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Thu April 25, 2013
"All Clear" Following Bomb Threat At North Adams College
Students at Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts were evacuated briefly Thursday evening following reports of a bomb threat made against the campus.
Campus officials sent an email message around 5 p.m. asking students to evacuate campus immediately and proceed to the North Adams Armory on nearby Ashland Street.
At around 6:30 p.m. the school posted the "all clear" on their Facebook page with the statement, "Campus Police, working with North Adams Police and Fire Department and Massachusetts State Police have investigated the bomb threat that was received earlier this afternoon. First responders, along with MCLA facilities staff searched the campus and have reported all clear."
The supposed threat follows the bombings at the Boston Marathon and police firefight with the suspects in the bombing near Massachusetts Institute of Technology last week.