Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Wed March 8, 2006
All-girls Science Program Loses Elementary School Funding
By Dan Bobkoff
Southampton, ma – A special elementary school program designed to attract girls to math and science has suffered a major setback in western Massachusetts. Some parents thought having an all-girls educational program receive school funds amounted to discrimination.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has our report.