Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
WAMC New England News
Wed March 8, 2006
All-girls Science Program Loses Elementary School Funding
By Dan Bobkoff
Southampton, ma – A special elementary school program designed to attract girls to math and science has suffered a major setback in western Massachusetts. Some parents thought having an all-girls educational program receive school funds amounted to discrimination.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has our report.