Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Possible Modified Transmission Line Proposals Draw Cautious Praise
Hudson Valley News
Thu September 6, 2012
Amber Alert Issued For Newburgh Child
Police in Newburgh activated a state Amber Alert Wednesday evening and are investigating a possible child abduction that occurred at South Junior High School at 33 Monument Street at about 3:50 p.m. A group of children between five and 11 years of age told their parents that while they were playing, they saw a girl being forced into a black pickup truck by two men.
The parents promptly called the police.
The child is possibly a Hispanic female, about five to six years old with long black hair. She is approximately three feet tall and was last seen wearing a short sleeve bright pink shirt.
Two Hispanic men were observed at the scene. One is described as having long black hair. He was wearing a black shirt and black fitted baseball cap. A second suspect was described as light skinned.
The two are reported to have grabbed the child and forced her into a truck, which may have had green writing on it. One suspect held his hand over the child’s mouth to stop her from screaming.
Anyone with information on this abduction is asked to call Newburgh City Police at 866-NYS-AMBER, 845-569-7509 or dial 911 to provide information, a report or sighting.