Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Fri December 7, 2012
"America the Possible" by Gus Speth
Environmental leader and professor of law at Vermont Law School, Gus Speth, will present his new book, America the Possible, when he speaks tonight in Great Barrington about the future of the United States economy, a system having reached an impasse, evidenced in the headline-making extreme weather patterns, the loss of America's middle-class, and exploding ecological catastrophes.
Speth will present a hopeful message of the great opportunities before us as we have it in ourselves to use our nation's pillars of freedom and democracy to build a New Economy Movement that sustains both people and the planet for generations to come.
The Berkshire Office of the New Economics Institute is hosting the free public talk at First Congregational Church in Great Barrington, MA at 7:30pm tonight.