Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue December 13, 2005
Amherst 250 plan on its way
By Jessica Bloustein
Amherst, MA – The University of Massachusetts at Amherst has completed an initial blueprint for adding 250 faculty members to academic and research positions within five years. Early estimates put the cost at $32.5 million. It is a step that officials say is necessary to keep the university at the level of quality expected from a nationally-renowned public institution.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.