Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Tue December 13, 2005
Amherst 250 plan on its way
By Jessica Bloustein
Amherst, MA – The University of Massachusetts at Amherst has completed an initial blueprint for adding 250 faculty members to academic and research positions within five years. Early estimates put the cost at $32.5 million. It is a step that officials say is necessary to keep the university at the level of quality expected from a nationally-renowned public institution.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.