Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
New York News
Mon May 7, 2012
Analysis: In Obama visit, watch Cuomo, Clinton
When President Obama comes to New York Tuesday as the leader of the free world, he will immediately become the second most popular Democrat in the state, after Governor Andrew Cuomo. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill has more...
Make that third most popular, after Obama's secretary of state, former New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. Or perhaps fourth, after former President Bill Clinton.
Obama, Andrew Cuomo and Hillary Clinton depend on, and sometimes compete against, one another. And people around the two New Yorkers are talking up 2016 presidential runs, although neither politician will deny or confirm plans.
So there is sure to be plenty of focus on Obama's visit to a nanotech research facility in Albany. The governor will be there and the chemistry between the two inevitably will be scrutinized.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.