Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Thu August 25, 2005
Annual Vermont Crime Stats Indicate Increase in Forcible Rape
By Pat Bradley
Williston, VT – According to the annual Vermont Crime Report, the number of crimes reported in the state dropped almost five percent last year and the rate of violent crimes remained unchanged from 2003. But the statistics for forcible rapes are raising concerns. The data shows there has been an increase of 20 percent over a five-year average. And experts are not sure why there's been an such an increase.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.