Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Fri December 21, 2012
Another Special Senate Election Looms In Massachusetts
With Massachusetts Senator John Kerry expected to become Secretary of State next year, Massachusetts will see a second special Senate election in three years. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
Republican Senator Scott Brown is the early front runner to return to the Senate following his general election loss to Democratic Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren. Political consultant Tony Cignolli said for Massachusetts Democrats to stop Brown they need to quickly rally behind a candidate.
According to an exit poll by the University of Massachusetts, 62 percent who switched from Brown voters in 2010 to Warren voters in 2012 were women.