Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Fri December 21, 2012
Another Special Senate Election Looms In Massachusetts
With Massachusetts Senator John Kerry expected to become Secretary of State next year, Massachusetts will see a second special Senate election in three years. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
Republican Senator Scott Brown is the early front runner to return to the Senate following his general election loss to Democratic Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren. Political consultant Tony Cignolli said for Massachusetts Democrats to stop Brown they need to quickly rally behind a candidate.
According to an exit poll by the University of Massachusetts, 62 percent who switched from Brown voters in 2010 to Warren voters in 2012 were women.