Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Wed May 22, 2013
Anthony Weiner Launches Bid For NYC Mayor
Anthony Weiner's run for a renaissance is officially on.
The ex-congressman who resigned over raunchy tweets said late Tuesday that he's in the New York City mayoral race. He had said last month he was considering it.
The Democrat is jumping into a crowded field for September's primary. He's arriving with some significant advantages, including a $4.8 million campaign war chest, polls showing him ahead of all but one other Democrat — and no end of name recognition.
But he also continues to contend with questions about his character and the scandal that sank his career just two years ago.
After a photo of a man's underwear-clad groin appeared on his Twitter account, he initially claimed his account had been hacked. He eventually owned up to exchanging racy messages with several women.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.