Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Capital District News
Mon May 14, 2012
Anti-Fracking Rallies, Concert Coming to Albany
Opponents of natural gas drilling using hydraulic fracturing are planning a big day of action in Albany, culminating with a star-studded concert at the Empire State Plaza. WAMC's Ian Pickus reports...
New Yorkers Against Fracking, a new coalition of organizations calling for a fracking ban, plans a rally and multi-media concert Tuesday afternoon and evening. The event features actors Mark Ruffalo and Melissa Leo acting as hosts of the concert at the Egg Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets range from $40 to $150.
Musicians include Natalie Merchant, Joan Osborne, Tracy Bonham and numerous others.
Another group, Frack Free Nation, is holding an Occupy-style daylong series of events based in a park across from the state Capitol. Actions planned include a "die-in" and a prayer ceremony with water carried from the Hudson River.
Ian Pickus, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.