Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Wed September 1, 2004
Anti-War Group Calls Conditions for Arrestees Appalling
By Allison Dunne
New York, NY – An anti-war group staged a protest this morning deploring what it says are appalling conditions at a temporary detention center in New York City. The center is a vacant pier building where those arrested for protesting during the Republican National Convention are taken to be held and processed. The building once served as a bus garage, and the former head of that garage says there is likely asbestos and other causes for concerns. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.