Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed September 1, 2004
Anti-War Group Calls Conditions for Arrestees Appalling
By Allison Dunne
New York, NY – An anti-war group staged a protest this morning deploring what it says are appalling conditions at a temporary detention center in New York City. The center is a vacant pier building where those arrested for protesting during the Republican National Convention are taken to be held and processed. The building once served as a bus garage, and the former head of that garage says there is likely asbestos and other causes for concerns. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.