Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri August 20, 2004
Anti-War Groups Go to Court Over Protest Site Denials
By Allison Dunne
New York, New York – Two separate lawsuits from different anti-war coalitions are being decided in both state and federal courts. Both groups say New York City officials are trampling on their rights to free speech. The coalitions want to hold protests in Central Park at the time of the Republican National Convention. City officials say they've tried to work out solutions. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.