Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Arts & Culture
Tue July 9, 2013
Antigone Rising To Play Athens Street Fest
When Long Island-based group Antigone Rising takes to the stage this Saturday at the Athens Street Festival, the band will perform songs from a forthcoming EP that has the band moving in a country/rock direction. After two decades together, the group has earned garnered praise from the critics and a fervent fan following forged by years on the road. Singer and bassist Kristen Ellis-Henderson says the band’s new single, “That Was The Whiskey,” was born out of a wild show in a Florida bar.
Kristen Ellis-Henderson and Antigone Rising perform at the Athens Street Festival at 6:30.