Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
Thu November 10, 2011
Any Questions? #11
Albany, NY – This week's quiz goes to 11 as WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel celebrate November 11, 2011 and the 11th installment of the show.
Last week's challenge
Take the nickname of an NFL team. Move the fifth letter to the second position, and the result will name things often seen on a football uniform. What is the team and what are the things?
Answer: The team is the New Orleans SAINTS, and following the directions will spell STAINS.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: THE NUMBER 11
On-air questions: In honor of 11/11/11 (and the 11th installment of Any Questions?), this week's quiz is all about the number 11.
1. Country whose one-dollar coin - commonly called a "loonie" - has 11 sides
2. Element number 11 on the periodic table, with chemical symbol Na
3. Any one of the three crew members of the Apollo 11 mission, which launched on July 16, 1969
4. Gift first given on the 11th day, in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas"
5. 2001 film in which Brad Pitt says, "Off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros and a Leon Spinks, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald...ever."
1. Detroit Tigers manager whose #11 was retired by the team on June 26, 2011
2. The three films that have each won 11 Academy Awards, including Best Picture
This week's challenge
Begin with the four-letter name of a drink. Add the consecutive letters XI (as in the Roman numeral for eleven) somewhere in that name, and you'll get an adjective describing something that might make you want a drink. What is the drink and what is the adjective?
3. Neil Armstrong, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, Michael Collins (Apollo 11 was the mission that led to the first man walking on the moon)
4. Pipers piping
5. Ocean's Eleven
1. Sparky Anderson
2. Ben-Hur (1959), Titanic (1997), and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)