Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Arts & Culture
Fri February 7, 2014
Any Questions #128
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel deal in units of time this week.
Last week's challenge
Start with the two-word title for a particular person who works on a movie set. Change the O in the second word to an "u" and you'll name a place that sells movies. Who is the person and what is the place?
Answer: The person is a BEST BOY, and the place is BEST BUY.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: UNITS OF TIME
On-air questions: The WAMC Fund Drive is in full swing, which means our listeners may not be hearing this at our usual airtime of 6:25(ish) p.m. Since our show may be doing some time traveling today, each correct answer today will contain a unit of time.
1. What yearly broadcast event on The Discovery Channel was first aired in 1987, and was hosted in 2005 by Adam and Jamie from the show Mythbusters, which aired a "Jaws Special" as part of that year's programming?
2. Known as the Ballpark at Union Station when it opened in 2000, and Enron Field between 2000 and 2002, what is the current name for the home of the Houston Astros, appropriately nicknamed The Juice Box?
3. What production company, famous for its "searchlight" logo, produced the Best Picture Oscar winners The Sound of Music and The French Connection, and currently produces The Simpsons?
4. Based on a play of the same name, what 1955 romantic comedy film features the iconic scene of Marilyn Monroe standing on a subway grate while her dress is blown upward by a passing train?
5. Who responded to a 1983 New York Times editorial by saying, in part, "According to the information available to me...for over two years now SCOTUS has not consisted of nine men. If you have any contradictory information, I would be grateful if you would forward it"?
1. What fictional spaceship is officially classified as a YT-1300 freighter and is won by its commander in a card game?
2. Originally a hit for Smokey Robinson and the Miracles in 1967, what song was later recorded as a "group duet" by the Temptations and Diana Ross and the Supremes?
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase TIME TRAVEL. Rearrange these ten letters to spell a two-word phrase (five letters in each word) that names a type of fastener. What is it?
1. Shark Week
2. Minute Maid Park
3. 20th Century Fox
4. The Seven Year Itch
5. Sandra Day O'Connor
1. The Millennium Falcon
2. "I Second That Emotion"