Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Fri November 25, 2011
Any Questions? #13
Albany, NY – WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel mark Black Friday with a quiz about business.
Last week's challenge
The Gila monster is a venomous lizard found in the Southwest. Rearrange the letters in Gila monster to come up with a two-word phrase that describes Any Questions?'s audience. The first word has five letters. The second has six.
Answer: The phrase is SMART LEGION.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: BUSINESS
On-air questions: In honor of Black Friday, our quiz this week is about the business world.
1. Media company that announced the creation of a spin-off service called Qwikster, which lasted less than a month
2. Businessman whose personalized New York Mets jacket - one of many items seized from the owner's homes - sold at auction in 2009 for $14,500
3. Company that advertised a device in 1888 with the slogan "You press the button, we do the rest"
4. Brand name for the common household product that is also available in a medical-grade version called Dermabond
5. TV show featuring businesses called "The Android's Dungeon" and "Barney's Bowl-A-Rama"
1. Major U.S. retailer represented on the S&P 500 stock market index by the symbol BBBY
2. 1973 Paul Simon song banned by the BBC because of the station's "no advertising" policy [thanks to WAMC's Bob Barrett for this question]
This week's challenge
Start with the six-letter name of a national corporation. The name begins with an A, and if you drop that A, you can rearrange the remaining letters to spell the name of a national store chain. What names are these?
2. Bernie Madoff
4. Super Glue
5. The Simpsons
1. Bed Bath & Beyond