WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel dig out the Casey Jones and April O'Neil action figures on this national holiday.
Last week's challenge
Start with the two-word name of a famous dating game show on MTV in the 1990s. Rearrange the letters in these two words and you can spell the name of several lines on a globe. What are the words?
Answer: Singled Out, Longitudes
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: "TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES" ARTISTS
On-air questions: Today is the release date for the long-awaited, highly-anticipated reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film series. At one point, director Michael Bay said the Turtles would be aliens, but they are apparently mutants again, so everybody can calm down. In honor of our heroes in a half-shell, this week our questions are about the Renaissance artists after whom the Ninja Turtles are named.
1. Originally commissioned for Pope Julius II, the Raphael Rooms are a suite of four rooms that now form the public part of the Papal Apartments in what building?
2. Leonardo Da Vinci's painting The Last Supper plays a key role in the 2003 novel The Da Vinci Code which follows Harvard professor Robert Langdon. It's the follow-up to Angels & Demons, written by what author?
3. In the early 15th century, Donatello's David became the first free-standing bronze sculpture cast during the renaissance. There are many variations on the alloy we call bronze, but all of them primarily consist of what metal?
4. Sculpted in 1496 and 1497, a statue by Michelangelo depicts a faun eating a bunch of grapes which are falling out of the left hand of the Roman god of wine, known as who?
5. Three of the four artists were born in the 15th century. Which one was born in the 14th century?
1. The obverse of an Italian one-Euro coin depicts Leonardo Da Vinci's drawing of a man in two superimposed positions with his arms and legs apart, inscribed in a circle and a square. What is the title of this drawing?
2. Starring Charlton Heston as Michelangelo and Rex Harrison as Pope Julius II, what 1965 film chronicles the conflicts between the artist and the Pope during the painting of the Sistine Chapel?
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase NINJA TURTLES. Change one letter to an M and you can rearrange the result to spell a twelve-letter word that describes many movie soundtracks. What is it?
1. The Vatican
2. Dan Brown
1. Vitruvian Man
2. The Agony and the Ecstasy