Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
Fri December 16, 2011
Any Questions? #16
Albany, NY – WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel get serious about cartoons.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase APPLE STORE. Rearrange these ten letters to spell two names you might see in a supermarket checkout line. What are they?
Answer: The names are STAR and PEOPLE.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: CARTOONS
On-air questions: In honor of the 1989 debut of The Simpsons, which is (as of this week) the longest-running American sitcom, the longest running American animated program, and the longest-running American primetime scripted TV series, our quiz this week is about animated cartoons.
1. Cartoon girl whose talking backpack and map help her during her adventures
2. Name of the Scooby Gang's van in Scooby Doo, Where Are You!
3. Dudley Do-right's arch nemesis in the Dudley Do-right of the Mounties cartoons
4. Schoolhouse Rock song referenced in 2007 by Sen. Jeff Sessions during his criticism of how a piece of legislation had proceeded through the Senate
5. 1940 Disney movie featuring a segment called "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," in which Mickey Mouse plays the apprentice
1. The two main rival groups of robots in the Transformers cartoons
2. Full name of the Rugrats character who is Tommy and Dil's female cousin
This week's challenge
Take the last name of a famous cartoon family. If you change the first letter to a W, you can rearrange the result to spell one of the nicknames for a place where many cartoons have been produced. What is the last name and what is the nickname?
1. Dora the Explorer
2. The Mystery Machine
3. Snidely Whiplash
4. "I'm Just A Bill"
1. Autobots and Decepticons
2. Angelina Pickles