WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel are ducking trivia questions.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase HALLEY'S COMET. Change one letter to a B and you can rearrange the result to spell a seven-letter word for a part of the body and a five-letter word for where that body part is located. What are the words?
Answer: If you change one of the Es to a B, you can spell STOMACH and BELLY.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: DUCKS
On-air questions: Released on April 17, 1937, Porky's Duck Hunt marks the first appearance of the cartoon character Daffy Duck. In the short, he's an unnamed minor character (although he is voiced by Mel Blanc, who would provide his voice for 52 years), but he would soon develop into the Daffy Duck we know today. To commemorate our fine-feathered friend, this week I've brought some questions about ducks.
1. Duck Records, a subsidiary of Reprise Records, is a label owned by what rock musician, who has released many of his recent albums on the label, including 1989's Journeyman and 1992's Unplugged, the latter of which features acoustic versions of "Tears In Heaven" and "Layla"?
2. The NHL's Anaheim Ducks were founded in 1993 as the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, and took their name from a 1993 movie about a ragtag group of kids who become a successful hockey team. The franchise was founded by what company, who built the team's stadium a short distance from one of its famous tourist attractions?
3. Originally published in 1908, The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck tells the story of a duck who, while seeking a safe place to hatch her eggs, accepts the invitation of a fox who unbeknownst to her plans to eat her. (Spoiler alert: she is saved by the farmer's collie.) The book was one of The 23 Tales (most of them about animals) written by what author?
4. Duck Soup is a 1933 film starring the Marx Brothers, and also a 1927 silent film starring what famous comedy duo, who starred in a 1933 remake, this one not a silent film, titled Another Fine Mess?
5. Portrayed by actor Mark Moses, Herman "Duck" Phillips begins his association with the advertising agency Sterling Cooper as its director of account services. Later, he becomes president of the agency, but this is short lived after a drunken rant leads to his firing. On what popular drama does "Duck" Phillips appear?
1. Utilizing amphibious buses similar to those used in World War II, "duck tours" originated in Wisconsin and are popular in many waterfront cities. They were used as parade vehicles five times since 2004 to celebrate championships by sports teams of what city?
2. In the late 1980s, the Nintendo Entertainment System came prepackaged with a game cartridge featuring two games: Duck Hunt and what other game, considered one of the most influential video games ever released?
This week's challenge
Start with the word WATERFOWL. Change one letter to an L (not the one that's already there, as usual) and you can rearrange the result to spell the names (four letters and five letters) of two parts of a castle. What are they?
1. Eric Clapton
2. The Walt Disney Company
3. Beatrix Potter
4. Laurel and Hardy
5. Mad Men
2. Super Mario Bros.