Pucker up! Resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel is back.
Last week's challenge
Start with the name GAVIN NEWSOM, current Lieutenant Gov. of California and former San Francisco mayor. Rearrange the letters and you can spell a two-word phrase that describes what many superheroes are known for doing. What’s the phrase?
Answer: SAVING WOMEN.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: KISSES
On-air questions: On September 18, 1990, Hershey's lowered a 500-pound chocolate Kiss in Times Square in New York City. Constructed to celebrate the release of Hershey's Kisses With Almonds, the Kiss traveled down the same flagpole that the famous ball does on New Year's Eve, and was built by the same company. (That Kiss, however, is not the largest ever made: Guinness reports that the largest kiss – this one actually made of chocolate – was made to celebrate Hershey's 100th anniversary and weighed over 30,000 pounds.) In honor of those big kisses, this week we've got a whole show full of kisses.
1. "Scarlet O'Hara, you're a fool!" is what Rhett Butler says right before he grabs Scarlett and kisses her, after which she gasps "Stop, please, I'm faint!" This exchanges happens in chapter 47 of what famous 1936 novel?
2. During the first half of an Olympic exhibition basketball game in 2012, a famous couple was caught on the "kiss cam". Instead of kissing, the man hugged his wife, which prompted boos from the crowd. When the camera zoomed in on them during the second half, they kissed, to which the crowd responded with chants of "Four more years!" Who is this famous couple?
3. In 1978, coincidentally also on September 18, in fact, the four members of the rock band KISS each released a solo album. Among the songs on Gene Simmons's album is a cover of what Disney song, written for the 1940 film Pinocchio and sung by Jiminy Cricket at the beginning and the end of the movie?
4. Originating on Broadway in 1948, and revived in 1999, Kiss Me, Kate is a Tony Award-winning musical with music and lyrics by Cole Porter. The plot centers around the conflict between the stage manager and the leading lady (who is also his ex-wife) as they mount a production of what William Shakespeare play?
5. Filmed in 1896, an 18-second film known simply as The Kiss was one of the first films ever shown commercially to the public. It reenacts a scene from a stage play and contains what is considered to be the first movie kiss. The film was produced at the studios of what famous inventor?
1. Playing with the Boston Bruins from 1979 until he was traded in March of 2000, Ray Bourque never had the chance to kiss the Stanley Cup until the team he was traded to won the trophy in 2001. What team was Bourque traded to?
2. Composed of oil paint and layers of gold leaf, The Kiss is widely considered to be artist Gustav Klimt's most popular painting. The painting currently resides as part of the largest collection of Klimt works in the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere, located in what city?
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase CHOCOLATE BAR. Drop one letter and you can rearrange the result to spell two colors: one a shade of blue, and the other a shade of brown. What are they?
1. Gone With The Wind
2. Barack and Michelle Obama
3. "When You Wish Upon A Star"
4. The Taming of The Shrew
5. Thomas Edison
1. Colorado Avalanche