Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Fri February 3, 2012
Any Questions? #23
Albany, NY – Resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel is on the hot seat once again this week, as WAMC's Ian Pickus makes him an offer he can't refuse: a quiz about Al Pacino.
Last week's challenge
Rearrange the nine letters in the word AMPERSAND to spell the name of something you can take, and what you might have while you're taking one. What are these things?
Answer: You can have DREAMS while taking a NAP.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: Al PACINO
On-air questions: On this date in 1971, New York Police Officer Frank Serpico was shot during a drug bust, but survived and later testified about police corruption. Serpico was played on film by Al Pacino, so today's quiz will focus on one of our greatest actors.
1. Two of the three movies that have starred Pacino and Robert DeNiro.
2. Pacino recently starred on stage in The Merchant of Venice. According to the play, what is the price of Shylock's bond?
3. The name of the Western New York prison that Pacino's character Sonny chants in Dog Day Afternoon?
4. The physician about whom Pacino said: "When you see the image that was portrayed during his time, you get a sense of someone quite different than the personality I got to know."
5. The character to whom Michael Corleone says: "You're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."
1. The Tony Kushner work for which Pacino received an Emmy
2. The 1997 film in which Pacino plays a character who shares a name with the author of Paradise Lost
This week's challenge
Start with the name of Pacino's 1999 film The Insider. Rearrange the letters to name two five-letter films in which Pacino does not appear.
1. The Godfather II, Heat, and Righteous Kill
2. A pound of flesh
4. Jack Kevorkian
1. Angels in America
2. The Devil's Advocate