WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel are back for the show of the century. Maybe.
Last week's challenge
Think of a presidential pet from history. That pet’s name is also the initials of his owner. Who is the pet and who is the president?
Answer: BO is owned by Barack Obama.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: TRIVIA QUIZ "OF THE CENTURY"
On-air questions: This week in 1971, "The Fight of the Century," a boxing match between Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali, took place at Madison Square Garden in New York City. It marked the first time that two undefeated heavyweight boxers had squared off against each other for the title. After 15 rounds, the match ended when Frazier was declared the champion by unanimous decision. To commemorate that historic fight, this week our questions are about other things with "of the century" in their names.
1. In 1999, an organization known as the Global Automotive Elections Foundation held a competition to name the Car of the Century. After multiple rounds of nominations and voting, what iconic Ford automobile won the competition?
2. In June of 1986, Argentinian athlete Diego Maradona scored what is known as the Goal of the Century. Claimed to be the most famous individual goal in the history of the sport, Maradona weaved past five English defenders and outsmarted the goalkeeper to score. This historic play took place in the quarterfinals of what famous soccer tournament?
3. Over the years, many court cases have been referred to as the "trial of the century," including the Scopes Trial, the O.J. Simpson case, and the 1932 kidnapping of the young son of whom?
4. A revival of the game show Sale of the Century aired from January, 1983 to March, 1989. It debuted on the same day as two other game shows: Hit Man starring Peter Tomarken (of Press Your Luck fame) and Just Men!, a short-lived show hosted by what Emmy-winning actress and long-time game show panelist?
5. The Battle of the Century, a 1927 silent film, is famous for using over 3000 cream pies in its climactic final scene. The 19-minute film is one of the first films to bill what famous comedy duo as a team, some three years before their film Another Fine Mess?
1. The television miniseries Storm of the Century chronicles the effects of a blizzard and the appearance of a mysterious stranger on the town of Little Tall Island, Maine. The screenplay for the miniseries was written by what author?
2. In the December 31, 1999 issue of Time, the magazine listed the century's 100 most influential people. Taking the honors as Person of the Century was who, chosen because he "serves as a symbol of all the scientists – such as Fermi, Heisenberg, Bohr, Richard Feynman...who built upon his work"?
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase TEN DECADES. Rearrange the letters to spell a two-word phrase (six letters, four letters) for what a protected iPhone might have after it gets dropped a few times. What is it?
1. Model T
2. FIFA World Cup
3. Charles Lindbergh
4. Betty White
5. Laurel and Hardy
1. Stephen King
2. Albert Einstein