Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
Fri March 30, 2012
Any Questions? #31
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel say yes and also yes to having acclaimed musician Mike Doughty stop by the studio to play.
Last week's challenge
Take the name of an author commonly known by his first and middle initials. Drop the "e" from his name, then rearrange the result to name a type of character that frequently appears in his books. Who is the author and what is the type of character?
Answer: The author is A.A. MILNE, and the type of character is an ANIMAL.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: QUESTIONS
On-air questions: This week, we commemorate the March 30, 1964 debut of Jeopardy! and the release of musician Mike Doughty's new live CD The Question Jar Show by asking Doughty questions about questions.
1. Bob Dylan song that begins with the lines, "How many roads must a man walk down/ before you call him a man?"
2. Comedian famous for asking questions like, "After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?" and "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" in his trademark deadpan delivery
3. 1988 movie starring Bob Hoskins as Eddie Valiant, a private detective investigating a murder in Toontown, and famous for its innovations in combining live action and animation
4. Edward Albee play, later adapted into a film starring Richard Burton as George and Elizabeth Taylor as Martha, which had its 1963 Pulitzer Prize rescinded because of its use of profanity
5. Three-word question popularized by a 1984 Wendy's commercial in which 81-year-old Clara Peller inspects the bun of a competitor's burger
6. Film in which Robert DeNiro's character Travis Bickle asks, "You talkin' to me?" while looking at himself in the mirror
1. Science-fiction television show that debuted on October 2, 1959 with an episode titled "Where Is Everybody?"
2. Backing band for Question Mark, lead singer on the 1966 number-one hit "96 Tears"
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase QUESTION JAR. Rearrange these eleven letters to spell a word that follows the word "hip" in a familiar two-word phrase, and another word that means, in a way, the opposite of "hip." What are the words?
1. "Blowin' In The Wind"
2. Steven Wright
3. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
4. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
5. "Where's the beef?"
6. Taxi Driver
1. The Twilight Zone
2. The Mysterians