Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
Arts & Culture
Fri April 6, 2012
Any Questions? #32
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel slave through a pyramid of questions to celebrate Passover.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase QUESTION JAR. Rearrange these eleven letters to spell a word that follows the word "hip" in a familiar two-word phrase, and another word that means, in a way, the opposite of "hip." What are the words?
Answer: The words are JOINT and SQUARE.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: PASSOVER FOODS
On-air questions: To celebrate Passover, which this year begins at sundown on April 6th, this week our quiz is inspired by the symbolic foods eaten at a Passover seder.
1. [bitter herb] Japanese horseradish that, because of the expense involved in cultivation, is often replaced with so-called "western" horseradish when served with sushi
2. [vegetable] First track on Simon & Garfunkel's album Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme, whose opening lines lend the album its title
3. [lamb bone] Rock group whose 1974 concept album The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway was the last to feature Peter Gabriel as lead singer
4. [egg] Academy Award-winning actress whose now defunct production company, Egg Pictures, produced the 1994 film Nell as its first production
5. [matzo] Gas produced when a leavening agent (such as yeast) is added to dough, and the sugars in the dough are converted
1. [charoset] Most-produced apple variety in New York State by volume, followed by Empire and Red Delicious
2. [salt water] Eurasian sea that is the largest landlocked body of salt water on Earth
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase SEDER PLATE. Rearrange these ten letters to spell two things you can do to a bicycle. What are they?
2. "Scarborough Fair"
4. Jodie Foster
5. Carbon dioxide
2. Caspian Sea