Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Arts & Culture
Fri April 27, 2012
Any Questions? #35
Last week's challenge
Think of an 11-letter adjective beginning with U that describes a person who isn't getting all that he or she needs. Drop the first R from this word, and you'll get another adjective that describes something given to a person who shouldn't be getting it. What are these adjectives?
Answer: The adjectives are UNDERSERVED and UNDESERVED.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: THE BRONX
On-air questions: April 27, 1948 was declared Babe Ruth Day at Yankee Stadium. To commemorate the Sultan of Swat, our quiz this week is about the borough where Yankee Stadium is located: the Bronx.
1. County directly north of the Bronx, which is home to the cities of White Plains and Peekskill, and to the town of Mt. Kisco
2. Sportscaster who famously said, "There it is, ladies and gentlemen, the Bronx is burning" after a fire broke out near Yankee Stadium before Game Two of the 1977 World Series
3. Bronx-born comedian whose 1972 album Class Clown featured a monologue called "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television"
4. Reptile that escaped from the Bronx Zoo on March 26, 2011, prompting the closing of the Reptile House until the animal was found five days later
5. Two-word phrase commonly used for the sound also known as a "raspberry"
1. First Catholic university in the northeastern U.S., whose Rose Hill campus in the Bronx was founded in 1841
2. 1993 crime drama film which was the directorial debut of co-star Robert DeNiro and was partly based on the life of writer and co-star Chazz Palmintieri
This week's challenge
Start with the name BABE RUTH. Change one letter to an S, then rearrange the result to spell a thing and a person, both of which you might see at a ballpark. What are they?
1. Westchester County
2. Howard Cosell
3. George Carlin
4. Egyptian cobra
5. "Bronx cheer"
1. Fordham University
2. A Bronx Tale