WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel celebrate a very special day.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase POCKET SQUARE. Change one letter to an N and you can rearrange the result to spell a six-letter word for a sound and a six-letter word for an instrument. What are the words?
Answer: Change the P to an N and you can spell SQUEAK and CORNET.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: C-A-K-E
On-air questions: Well, Mike, as close listeners to this show may know by now, June 1st is a special day here at Any Questions. It’s resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel’s birthday. In honor of that occasion, let’s have some CAKE. I’ll give you a category, and you name one entry that fits the category for each letter in the word CAKE.
1. African countries
2. Animals at the zoo
3. European countries
4. Pro sports teams
5. Places you can land in Monopoly
2. Paul Simon songs
This week's challenge
Start with the words CAKE and CANDLE. Rearrange the letters and you can spell a two-word term that you might see on TV just before Valentine’s Day. What are the words?
1. Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire; Algeria, Angola; Kenya; Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia
2. Camel; cobra, cheetah’, Alpaca, Antelope, Anteater, Koala, Kangaroo, Komodo dragon; Elephant, egret, eagle
3. Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria; Kosovo; Estonia
4. Cardinals, Chargers, Cubs, Canucks; Avalanche, Angels, Athletics; Kings, Knicks; Eagles; Expos
5. Chance, Community Chest, California Ave, Connecticut Avenue; Atlantic Avenue; Kentucky Avenue; Electric Company
1. China Airlines, China Eastern, Condor, Copa Airlines; Allegiant; Aegean Airlines, Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Aeromexico, Air France, Air India; KLM, Korea Air, Emirates, El-Al, EasyJet, Egyptair
2. “Cars Are Cars,” “Cecilia, “Citizen Of Planet,”; “At The Zoo,” “April Come She Will,” “America,” “Kodachrome, “Kathy’s Song,” “El Condor Pasa,” “Express Train”