Most Active Stories
Fri September 23, 2011
Any Questions? #4
Albany, NY – WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel celebrate the Green Mountain state during this week's show.
Last week's challenge
Take the two-word name of a current TV show where both of the words start with the same letter. Rearrange the letters of the second word, then insert them as a group into the first word. The result will spell an activity that takes place at the Culinary Institute of America. What is the show and what is the activity?
Answer: The show is BREAKING BAD.
Following the instructions, you can spell BREAD BAKING.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: Vermont
On-air questions: Our quiz this week is about the state of Vermont. (14 points per correct answer)
1. Company that celebrated Vermont's legalization of gay marriage by temporarily renaming one of its products "Hubby Hubby"
2. Restaurant chain of which Montpelier is the only U.S. capital city without a franchise
3. Rudyard Kipling short story collection, written while the author was living in Brattleboro, Vermont
4. Government benefit that Vermont resident Ida Mae Fuller was the first to receive
5. Nickname for the Vermont National Guard, after Ethan Allen's famous militia group
1. Winter activity seen on the reverse of the Vermont state quarter
2. Birthday of Calvin Coolidge (one of two Vermont-born U.S. presidents), the only president to be born on that particular day of the year
3. The other Vermont-born U.S. president besides Calvin Coolidge
This week's challenge
Begin with the phrase LITERARY HACK. Change one letter, then rearrange the result to spell the name of a famous Vermonter. Who is it?
1. Ben & Jerry's
3. The Jungle Book
4. Social Security check
5. the Green Mountain Boys
1. Sap collecting (from sugar maples)
2. July 4th
3. Chester A. Arthur