Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Arts & Culture
Fri June 1, 2012
Any Questions? #40
June 1 is many things, but most importantly, it's the birthday of resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel, who takes a break from the confetti cake to play this week's show with WAMC's Ian Pickus.
LAST WEEK'S CHALLENGE: Think of a six-letter word that names a person you'd be happy to see if you were lost in the woods. Add ST to the beginning, and you'll get a new word that names a person you probably wouldn't be happy to see if you were lost in the woods. Who are the people?
Answer: The people are a RANGER and a STRANGER.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: PEOPLE BORN ON JUNE 1
On-air questions: June 1 is resident quizzer Mike's birthday, so this week we have questions about famous people who were also born on June 1.
1. 1939 film in which Frank Morgan (born on June 1, 1890) plays five different roles, including Professor Marvel, the Emerald City's gatekeeper, and the title role
2. Leader in the Latter-day Saints movement who became the first governor of the Utah territory
3. Three-word nickname for David Berkowitz (born June 1, 1953), the notorious serial killer who terrorized New York City in 1976 and 1977
4. 1983 television mini-series based on a novel by Colleen McCullough (born June 1, 1937), starring Richard Chamberlain as a priest who befriends an Australian family living in the outback
5. Winner of the 2004 Academy Award for his supporting role in Million Dollar Baby, and the narrator of the documentary March of the Penguins
1. Position in the Bush administration held by Tony Snow (born June 1, 1955) from May 2006 through September 2007
2. 1955 film starring Marilyn Monroe (born June 1, 1926) featuring the iconic scene of the actress' skirt being blown upward by a subway grating
This week's challenge
Start with the name PAT BOONE (born June 1, 1934). Change one letter to a C, then rearrange the result to spell two things many superheroes wear. What are they?
1. The Wizard of Oz
2. Brigham Young (born June 1, 1801)
3. "Son of Sam"
4. The Thorn Birds
5. Morgan Freeman (born June 1, 1937)
1. White House Press Secretary
2. The Seven Year Itch