Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Arts & Culture
Fri June 15, 2012
Any Questions? #42
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel spend three minutes wishing they had longer names.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase AIRSTRIP ONE. Rearrange these 11 letters to spell the name of a process you need to do to survive. What is it?
Answer: The process is RESPIRATION.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: THREE-NAME PEOPLE
On-air questions: June 15th is the birthday of actor Neil Patrick Harris, star of Doogie Howser, M.D. and How I Met Your Mother (and a puzzle fan, it should be noted). To celebrate NPH's birthday, our quiz this week is about other famous people known by three names.
1. Designer of over 1,000 structures, including a house in Pennsylvania called Fallingwater and the Guggenheim Museum in New York City
2. Subject of a memorial built on the Tidal Basin in Washington, D.C. that officially opened on October 16, 2011
3. Actor who starred in Young Guns and Stand and Deliver, and whose most famous role is Ritchie Valens in La Bamba
4. Two of the three U.S. Supreme Court justices who served in the 21st century whose names fit the category
5. Author whose most famous character first appears in the novels A Study in Scarlet and The Sign of Four
1. Name shared by the bassist for the rock group Led Zeppelin and the speaker of the famous quote "I have not yet begun to fight!"
2. Winner of the 2001 Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play for his role as the young A. E. Housman in The Invention of Love
This week's challenge
Start with the name JAMIE LEE CURTIS. Change one letter to a P, then rearrange the result to spell three beverages. What are they?
1. Frank Lloyd Wright
2. Martin Luther King
3. Lou Diamond Phillips
4. John Paul Stevens (1975-2010), Sandra Day O'Connor (1981-2006), Ruth Bader Ginsburg (1993-present)
5. Arthur Conan Doyle
1. John Paul Jones
2. Robert Sean Leonard