WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel welcome an actual professional to play this week: former Weekend Edition host Liane Hansen, who knows a little something about radio quizzes.
Last week's challenge
Start with the name JAMIE LEE CURTIS. Change one letter to a P, then rearrange the result to spell three beverages. What are they?
Answer: If you change the M to a P, you can spell ALE, JUICE, and SPRITE.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: SUNDAYS
On-air questions: In honor of guest solver Liane Hansen, and her tenure as the host of Weekend Edition Sunday, this week our quiz is about other famous Sundays.
1. Christian observance that commemorates Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem, and which falls one week before Easter
2. Rock group whose 1983 album War opens with a song titled "Sunday Bloody Sunday," inspired by a civil-rights incident in Northern Ireland in 1972
3. Stephen Sondheim musical inspired by a painting by the impressionist Georges Seurat, and which features a fictionalized version of the artist as a character
4. Saturday Night Live cast member who, along with Chris Parnell, performs in a Digital Short called "Lazy Sunday"
5. Only day of the year on which Americans consume more food than they do on Super Bowl Sunday
1. 1967 hit by the Monkees co-written by Carole King
2. Outfielder for the Chicago White Stockings who became a celebrated evangelist during the 1900s and 1910s and played a significant role in the passage of the 18th Amendment
This week's challenge
Start with the name LIANE HANSEN. Drop one letter, then rearrange the remaining ten letters to spell two one-word movie titles. What are they? (As a hint, one movie is from the 1950s, and the other is from the 1970s.)
1. Palm Sunday
3. Sunday in the Park with George
4. Andy Samberg
1. "Pleasant Valley Sunday"
2. Billy Sunday