Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
Fri September 30, 2011
Any Questions? #5
Albany, NY – WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel take a stroll down SAT memory lane with a show about analogies.
Last week's challenge
Begin with the phrase "LITERARY HACK." Change one letter, then rearrange the result to spell the name of a famous Vermonter. Who is it?
Answer: If you change one of the Rs to a P, you can rearrange the letters to spell PATRICK LEAHY, the name of the current senior Senator from Vermont.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: ANALOGIES
On-air questions: Complete each of the following analogies. (16 points per correct answer)
1. Leo : The Lion :: Gemini : [?]
2. Aristocracy : nobility :: plutocracy : [??]
3. Frasier : Cheers :: Laverne & Shirley : [?]
4. Nelson Mandela : Peace :: Toni Morrison : [?]
5. 1 : Delaware :: 50 : [?]
1. Bovine : cow :: cygnine: [?]
2. Maximum : systolic :: minimum : [?]
This week's challenge
Think of a 7-letter word containing the consecutive letters IS that means "to leave alone." Replace those letters with TO, and the result will spell a two-word phrase you might say to someone you're leaving behind. What is the word and what is the phrase?
1. The Twins
2. The wealthy
3. Happy Days