Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Arts & Culture
Fri August 31, 2012
Any Questions #53
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel wrap up the first season of the show with a segment all about The Beatles.
Last week's challenge
Think of the eight-letter brand name of a popular snack food beginning with P. If you change one letter to an S, you can rearrange the result to spell another word beginning with P that names certain types of beverages. What is the brand name and what are the beverages?
Answer: The brand name is PRINGLES, and if you change the G to an S, you can spell PILSNERS.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: THE BEATLES
On-air questions: It's the end of the month, it's the end of the first season of Any Questions?...and “The End” is the title of a song on the Beatles' album Abbey Road. (In fact, it's the last song the Beatles recorded together.) So, we'll close out season one with a quiz about the Fab Four.
1. Two-word phrase for the 1960s phenomenon in which bands from England became popular in the U.S., the start of which is often marked by the Beatles' appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show
2. Only Beatles studio album whose official title contains a color
3. One-word title of the 1965 Beatles song which is alphabetically last in the list of their songs to hit number one in the U. S.
4. Venue for the Beatles' August 15, 1965 performance, widely regarded as the most famous of all Beatles concerts
5. Song on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band that was thought to be a veiled drug reference because of the initial letters of some of the words in the title
1. 1967 Beatles film described by biographer Jonathan Gould as "a great deal of raw footage showing a group of people getting on, getting off, and riding on a bus"
2. Only song composed by George Harrison that was released as the A-side of a Beatles single
This week's challenge
Take the three-word title of a hit song by the Beatles. Rearrange the letters to spell two things you can wear. What is the song and what are the things?
1. British Invasion
2. Yellow Submarine
4. Shea Stadium
5. "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"
1. Magical Mystery Tour