Most Active Stories
Fri October 14, 2011
Any Questions? #7
Albany, NY – WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel celebrate fall foliage season with a quiz about colors.
Last week's challenge
Start with the name of a recent U. S. senator. The first letter of the first name plus the first three letters of the last name, taken in order, spell a popular website. Who is the senator and what is the website?
Answer: The senator is EVAN BAYH, and taking the appropriate letters spells EBAY.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: COLORS
13 points per correct answer)
1. Color of the 1 ball and the 9 ball in a standard set of 15 billiard balls
2. U. S. landmark that is painted a color officially known as "international orange"
3. Food with varieties called Green Zebra, Cherokee Purple, and Brandywine Red
4. 1967 hit song with the lyrics "One pill makes you larger/ And one pill makes you small/ And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all"
5. Four current Major League Baseball teams with a color in their name
1. Color that finishes this quote by automaker Henry Ford: "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is ____."
2. Gum-chewing girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
This week's challenge
Start with the two-word name of a U.S. city, where the first word is a color. If you change the fifth letter of the second word to a "D," you'll get a new word that names some colorful things. What is the city and what are the things?
2. The Golden Gate Bridge
4. "White Rabbit" (by Jefferson Airplane)
5. Boston Red Sox, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago White Sox, Toronto Blue Jays
2. Violet Beauregarde