Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Fri October 21, 2011
Any Questions? #8
Albany, NY – WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel celebrate the World Series with a quiz about series.
Last week's challenge
Start with the two-word name of a U. S. city, where the first word is a color. If you change the fifth letter of the second word to a "D," you'll get a new word that names some colorful things. What is the city and what are the things?
Answer: The city is WHITE PLAINS (New York). Changing the N in PLAINS to a D spells PLAIDS.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: SERIES
On-air questions: Complete each of the following series by determining what replaces the blank in each one. (12 points per correct answer)
1. Delta, echo, _____, golf
2. No Country for Old Men, Slumdog Millionaire, _____, The King's Speech
3. _____, Son of a Witch, A Lion Among Men, Out of Oz
4. Nagano, _____, Turin, Vancouver
5. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, _____, Yellow Submarine
1. Hecto, kilo, mega, _____, _____
2. Three of a kind, _____, _____ , full house, four of a kind
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase NUMERICAL ORDER. Change one letter, then rearrange the result to get three words that can describe a number. What are they?
2. The Hurt Locker
4. Salt Lake City
5. The Beatles (commonly known as "The White Album")
1. Giga, tera
2. Straight, flush