Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Arts & Culture
Fri April 26, 2013
Any Questions? #87
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel welcome Charlie Ross of One-Man Star Wars to play.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase SALEM, OREGON. Change one letter to an N and rearrange the result to spell the names of two fruits. What are they?
Answer: If you change the S to an N, you can spell MELON and ORANGE.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: ONE-PERSON SHOWS
On-air questions: This week, we welcome Charlie Ross, star of One-Man Star Wars, to play a quiz about one-person shows.
1. In 1988, Patrick Stewart won a Drama Desk award for his one-man show, in which he played all 43 characters in his version of what Charles Dickens novel?
2. The first woman to appear solo in a Broadway show later won a Tony award for her 1985 show The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe. What star of Laugh-In and Nashville is it?
3. Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth, billed as “a rare, personal look inside the life and mind of one of the most feared men ever to wear the heavyweight crown”, is a one-man show directed by what famed African-American film director?
4. A 2008 episode of the public radio show This American Life titled “Fear of Sleep” features an excerpt from a one-man show by Mike Birbiglia, which was adapted for the screen in 2012. What is the three-word title of Birbiglia's show?
5. Adapted from her one-woman show, the cover of the book Wishful Drinking depicts Carrie Fisher holding an empty martini glass dressed as what famous movie character?
1. Running from October 1953 to January 1956, Comedy In Music was a one-man show (the longest-running in the history of theater at the time of its closing) by what pianist affectionately known as The Clown Prince of Denmark?
2. A 2000 autobiography titled My Life as a 10-Year Old Boy was written by – and was later adapted into a one-woman show starring – what actress?
This week's challenge
Start with the word ONE-MAN. Insert the same letter twice (and don't rearrange the other letters) to spell a two-word phrase that describes one way to watch a movie. What is the phrase?
1. A Christmas Carol
2. Lily Tomlin
3. Spike Lee
4. Sleepwalk With Me
5. Princess Leia
1. Victor Borge
2. Nancy Cartwright