Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Thu October 10, 2013
APNewsBreak: NY Argues Casino Suit Filed Too Late
Court papers show New York will argue that a challenge to its referendum to expand casino gambling was filed too late, even though the state didn't release the measure's wording on its website until after the deadline to sue.
The state Board of Elections will say in court Friday that lawyer Eric Snyder missed his chance to sue. The state says in court papers that a judge shouldn't side with Snyder because that would throw the Nov. 5 ballot into chaos and threaten the ability of soldiers in "harm's way" from voting.
The state put the controversial referendum on its web site Aug. 23, well after the deadline to sue.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.