Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Around the Nation
Thu November 8, 2012
App Lets You Write Poetry Like William Shatner
Originally published on Thu November 8, 2012 10:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fans of William Shatner out there with a yen to write poetry, there's an app for you. The Shatoetry app allows users to compose poems from 400 words recorded by the former Star Trek captain in his signature staccato voice, like this example on YouTube.
WILLIAM SHATNER: She who lives with caffeine joyously fears not the dark.
MONTAGNE: Shatoetry on MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.