Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Wed July 12, 2006
Appeal For Federal Benefits Approved for Capital City Press Workers
By Pat Bradley
Berlin, VT – Workers at the recently closed Capital City Press in Berlin, Vermont will qualify for federal assistance. An appeal of a U-S Labor Department decision found that the plant's closing was due to overseas competition and thus allows workers to receive the additional assistance. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.