Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri May 7, 2004
Area's Drug Problems Reflect High Rates Throughout State
By Kelly Wilkinson
Pittsfield, MA – Massachusetts has the highest rates of teenage drug abuse in the country. Some experts say the state also has the worst access to recovery programs. A forum last night in Pittsfield brought together politicians, law enforcement representatives and substance abuse professionals to talk about the problem. In addition, more than a hundred people attended the session, some of whom told their own stories of drug and alcohol addiction. WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson was there and has this report.