Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Around the Nation
Fri January 27, 2012
Army Base Isn't Laughing At Package Bomb Comment
Originally published on Fri January 27, 2012 10:04 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with the story of a FedEx driver who told a joke. Authorities say the man was delivering a package in Utah. Somebody asked what the FedEx package was. The driver said, probably a bomb. Maybe he thought it was strange that nobody laughed. The driver was delivering that package to an Army base. Military police evacuated more than 200 people after his remark, and prosecutors have now charged the driver with making a threat of terrorism. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.