Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu June 24, 2004
Army Corps to SLC: Restore Wetlands
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has found that a contractor working on a St. Lawrence Cement road in Columbia County's Hudson, violated the Clean Water Act. The breach stems from a trucking company placing fill in wetlands, and the Army Corps has directed the cement company to restore those wetlands. The enforcement case began because of a complaint letter from environmental activist group Friends of Hudson. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.