Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu June 24, 2004
Army Corps to SLC: Restore Wetlands
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has found that a contractor working on a St. Lawrence Cement road in Columbia County's Hudson, violated the Clean Water Act. The breach stems from a trucking company placing fill in wetlands, and the Army Corps has directed the cement company to restore those wetlands. The enforcement case began because of a complaint letter from environmental activist group Friends of Hudson. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.